Terms and Conditions of Participation
1. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, "Workshop" shall refer to the relevant course, workshop and/or event conducted by Singapore Media Academy Private Limited ("SMA") and which a participant is applying and/or registering to participate in.
2. A participant who is younger than 18 years old is required to obtain his/her parent/legal guardian's consent prior to registration for the Workshop.
3. By registering for the Workshop, the participant and his/her Parent/Legal Guardian agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and such other rules and guidelines relating to the Workshop as specified by SMA from time to time.
4. Each participant hereby agrees and undertakes as follows:
- (a) he/she shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested by SMA from time to time for purposes of the Workshop;
- (b) he/she satisfies all applicable eligibility criteria and requirements for the Workshop;
- (c) he/she shall conduct himself/herself in a responsible, competent and professional manner at all times. The participant shall not in any way, intentionally, without valid reason, render himself/herself unable or unsuitable to participate in the Workshop;
- (d) he/she shall observe and abide by the applicable rules and regulations imposed at the venue(s) that the Workshop or any part thereof is conducted;
- (e) he/she shall be responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all property and facilities belonging to SMA or any other party for whose premises or facilities are being used for the Workshop or any part thereof. The participant shall be responsible for any misuse of the premises, the property and/or facilities, and for any loss or damage thereto;
- (f) he/she shall not, and shall not permit any other person to use or reproduce any content or material (whether in whole or in part) provided to the participant in respect of the Workshop without prior consent of SMA; and
- (g) he/she is fully aware of the nature of the Workshop and the risks associated with the activities that are required to be undertaken arising from the Workshop. Accordingly, each participant shall take all necessary precautions, care and attention and shall obey all safety instructions, directions, and requirements of SMA designed to minimise risk of loss, damage and/or injury to the participants and any third parties. Arising from the foregoing, each participant hereby expressly agrees and acknowledges that SMA shall not be liable for any loss or damage or injury to any participant or any of his/her property caused by or suffered during or in connection with the Workshop, including without limitation, as a result of personal injury, invasion of privacy. libel, defamation or infringement of copyright.
5. Unless otherwise stated by SMA, each participant shall be responsible for his/her own expenses incurred by him/her during or in connection with the Workshop and no reimbursement may be sought from SMA.
6. SMA shall have the discretion to determine all matters relating to the Workshop, and the participant shall accept and abide by all decisions made in relation thereto. In particular, and without prejudice to the foregoing, SMA has the right to change or vary the Workshop programme, curriculum, schedule and/or venue.
7. SMA shall have the right to deny entry to and/or to remove the participant from the Workshop, or from any venue(s) that the Workshop or any part thereof that is conducted, as SMA may reasonably deem fit. Without prejudice to the foregoing, circumstances under which SMA may exercise such discretion include, without limitation, where the participant may be contracted any infectious disease, or if the participant's presence or behaviour is unduly disruptive to the proper conduct of the Workshop.
8. The participant shall indemnify and keep SMA and/or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, agents, employees and assignees, harmless from and against any claims, damages, costs, judgments, losses or expenses (including reasonable legal fees on an indemnity basis) which may be sustained or suffered by or secured against SMA and/or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, assignees, licensees, agents, officers, directors or employees arising out of any breach by the participant of any of its covenants, representations, warranties or agreements contained in these Terms and Conditions.
9. SMA shall own all intellectual property rights, including all copyright, goodwill and all other rights in respect of all content in respect of the Workshop (except for selected materials licensed from third parties) and all other works performed or created pursuant to or in the course of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Intellectual Property Rights"). Where the participant is entitled to any Intellectual Property Rights by virtue or pursuant to any applicable laws in force in any part of the world, he/she shall assign to SMA all such Intellectual Property Rights for the whole period of such rights, including any renewal, reversions or extensions thereof. The participant agrees and undertakes that he/she shall not, and shall not permit any other person, to use or reproduce any content or material (whether in whole or in part) provided to the participant in respect of the Workshop without the prior written consent of SMA.
10. The participant acknowledges and agrees that he/she may be audio or video taped and photographed while participating in any part of the Workshop whether or not the participant is aware that he/she is being taped, recorded or photographed (collectively, the "Recordings") and that such Recordings may be reproduced and distributed across all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all manner throughout the world in perpetuity. With full title guarantee the participant hereby irrevocably assigns to SMA (including present assignment of future copyright) the entire copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to his/her contributions to the Workshop, including but not limited to performances, appearances and interviews, such that SMA shall be entitled to edit, use and exploit and license others to use and exploit such contributions by all means and in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter invented throughout the Universe for the full period of copyright including any extensions and renewals thereto and thereafter insofar as is possible in perpetuity. Furthermore, the participant irrevocably grants all consents and waivers as may be required under the Copyright Act of the Republic of Singapore (as may be amended from time to time) (the "Act") or any similar laws of any jurisdiction to enable SMA to make fullest use of the Recordings and any part thereof without restriction. For the avoidance of doubt, SMA may edit, adapt, translate or remove any part of the participant's performance and/or contribution.
11. Each participant understands and accepts that personal particulars and information stated in the registration form for the Workshop and any information supplied by the participant may be used by SMA and the Mediacorp group of companies ("Mediacorp") for the following purposes:
- (a) organization of the Workshop;
- (b) contacting the participant with regard to future opportunities to participate in other Mediacorp programmes, productions or projects;
- (c) sending the participant marketing and advertising materials from Mediacorp, its related companies and their respective business partners and sponsors;
- (d) promotion, marketing, publicity or obtaining sponsorship for the Workshop;
- (e) to conduct market research and statistical analysis;
- (f) for verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you; and
- (g) to comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any users.
The participant consents to the disclosure by SMA of such personal information and particulars to third parties, including but not limited to other Mediacorp group companies, third party service providers and agents, media, judges, sponsors, and the public (including the transfer of such personal information and particulars out of Singapore), and the use of such personal information and particulars by third parties, for the purposes set out above.
Any questions relating to the collection, use and disclosure of the participant's personal data by SMA and/or the Mediacorp group of companies may be sent to our Data Protection Officer at dpo@Mediacorp.com.sg
12. Any confidential information acquired or obtained by the participant in the course of the Workshop shall be kept confidential, and the participant shall not use or disclose such confidential information to any third party without the prior written consent of SMA. This confidential provision shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
13. SMA reserves the right to amend or vary any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to the participant.
14. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. The participant irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore. No third party shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions against SMA under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act of the Republic of Singapore.