Avid Pro Tools 101
Pro Tools 101 curriculum is designed by Avid Pro Tools where the 3-day course will be conducted by Avid Certified Instructor with practical hands-on approach. Participants may choose to be certified for progression of higher level courses by taking an online assessment.
For more information on User Certification or the curriculum, please visit http://www.avid.com/US/support/training
Introduction to Pro Tools covers basic Pro Tools principles, giving you everything you need to complete a Pro Tools project, from initial set up to final mixdown. This course focuses on Pro Tools software and covers a multitude of new functions and feature enhancements. Whether your project involves recording of live instruments, MIDI sequencing of software synthesizers, or audio editing or region looping, this course will give you the basic skills to succeed.
The Pro Tools 101 is more than just an introductory class – it’s a thorough exploration of the essential skills of being an effective user of Pro Tools in just 3 days.
Participants can expect a highly engaging and participative training programme that leverages on the innovative uses of Digital Audio Workstation. Course Completion Certificate will be awarded to successful attendees at this level.
- Programme Welcome
- Background information and introduction to Pro Tools
- Getting inside Pro Tools
- Understand the various functions and interface of Pro Tools
- Create your first session
- Making your first audio recording
- Importing media into your session
- Making your first MIDI recording
- Selecting and navigating
- Basic editing techniques
- Basic mixing techniques
- Finishing your work
- Music hands-on project
- Post hands-on project
- Course Completion, exam, and certificate options
- Conclusion and Post-Course Administration
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for the audio enthusiast with little to no Pro Tools experience. Must have a basic understanding of recording techniques, processes, and equipment.
Equipments and Facilities
Participants will be exposed to the following equipment and facilities:
- Software Configurations
- Pro Tools 11
- EQ III
- Dynamics III
- Eleven Free
- Structure Free
- System Configurations
- MBox® 3 Family
- Compatible M-Audio® Hardware
- Students are given two attempts at the online exam for the course they have completed (for example Pro Tools 101: Introduction to Pro Tools).
- Avid sets an 80% passing grade on each of the online exams. Once a passing grade is achieved you are then eligible to proceed to the next level of the Avid Pro Tools Training and Education Program.
- All Avid exams must be taken at an Authorised Avid Learning Partner facility, Avid Learning Partner (ALP) – Singapore Media Academy.
- All exams are to be taken under full exam conditions, including no books (“closed book”) and with the Pro Tools application closed.
(3 Days) -
9:00am to 6:00pm
Fees (Inclusive of 7% GST)
Application Fee: S$32.10
Course Fee: S$1,605.00