MASTERCLASS: Advanced Transmedia Creation - Spread, Engage, Activate with Jeff Gomez
Presenting an all-new transmedia development and production masterclass by the world’s leading producer of multiplatform content, Jeff Gomez. In the age of pervasive media, new techniques are required to reach increasingly fragmented audiences. Your stories, brands, education, and socio-political messages must navigate chaotic waters before reaching large numbers of people. You must also understand the evolving role of social media engagement, and turning information derived from large amounts of data into workable narratives. But what is the process of developing and producing content in this new light? In this masterclass, Jeff Gomez, the world’s leading expert in the fields of multiplatform brand narratives and transmedia storytelling, will guide you with clear, step-by-step instruction.
- Finding and developing stories for concerted multiplatform production
- Criteria for successful story world development and properties that lend themselves to transmedia storytelling
- Understanding and connecting with the creative vision of writers, directors, or brand owners
- Adapting and/or extending intellectual property strategically from one medium to others
- Case studies in producing transmedia projects, including: reality television, drama, children’s shows, education and public service messaging, and web series
- The growing power of social media and big data, with solutions designed specifically for the Singapore market
- Leadership, ethics, and problem-solving in practical new media production
- Case studies in integrated transmedia production
- Packaging and pitching projects
- The Collective Journey: a new narrative model conducive to extending projects into the global market
Who Should Attend
Experienced media industry professionals with a background in TV production who have gone through an entry level transmedia class before or have been producing productions with transmedia elements.
(1 Day) -
Registration Closing Date: -
9:30am to 5:30pm
Fees (Inclusive of 7% GST)
Application Fee: S$53.50 -Waived-
Full Course Fee*: S$2,354.00
*This course is supported for up to 90% subsidy under the IMDA Talent Assistance Specialised Training Grant (T-Assist). Terms and conditions apply. For more information, click here
Jeff Gomez is the CEO of Starlight Runner Entertainment.
Jeff is a leading expert in the fields of story world development, franchise design, and transmedia storytelling. He specialises in the expansion of entertainment properties, premium brands, and socio-political themes into highly successful multi-platform communications and international campaigns.
As a transmedia producer, he also develops the story worlds of films, television shows, toys, books, comics, apps, video game titles, immersive installations, virtual reality, and theme park attractions across an array of media touch points, which deepens audience engagement, and generates massive fan communities and multiple revenue streams.
Jeff's pop culture work has impacted such blockbuster entertainment properties as Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean, James Cameron's Avatar, Hasbro's Transformers, Sony Pictures' Spider-Man and Men in Black, Microsoft's Halo, Hasbro’s Transformers, and Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
As a story world creator he is known for his work on Mattel’s Hot Wheels animated series, the Valiant Comics superhero universe, Hasbro's Magic: The Gathering, Acclaim Entertainment’s Turok video game series, and Mark Burnett's Lucha Underground TV series, for which he serves as Transmedia Producer.
Jeff has also developed highly successful transmedia campaigns and participative brand narratives for The Coca-Cola Company (Happiness Factory), Pepperidge Farm (Goldfish) and Spartan Race. Other current clients include Sesame Workshop, Disney Parks & Resorts, STX Entertainment, Curtin University in Australia, and World Vision Canada.